|Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Recoil Full Suspension Mountain Bike (29-Inch Wheels), 16-Inch, White|
The 2014 model Diamondback mountain bike is a fantastic piece of kit at an affordable price.
The bike features Recoil aluminium 4″ Trail frame, Shimano Rapid fire shift gears and Tecktro mechanical disc breaks giving it rapid accelerate and decelerate capabilities, lightweight feel and excellent durability in all conditions.
The bike is available in both a 16″ (Small) and 18″ (Large) frame depending on your size, and comes with a diamond white finish to the body work.
So far this is with out a doubt the best mountain bike under 1000 that we have seen in 2014 and as such we are recommending it for that price bracket above all other bikes.
What is this bike designed for?
The Recoil 29 is a fully qualified off road mountain bike and as such it is great for anyone who is doing some serious off-roading – whether you are a seasoned biker or a relative beginner who wants to try out some rougher and tougher terrain, this bike will be well suited to your needs.
Build on the new 29″ wheel platform, the bike is very durable whilst also making for a comfortable ride.
What’s so good about 29 inch wheels?
The idea behind the 29″wheels is that they are big enough to roll over obstacles easily, and help to minimize after-shock to the rider. 29″ wheel base also provides the best traction and flat out speed of any wheel size available. These two factors on top of anything else make the ride provided by this design out of this world.
Why is full suspension so important?
This bike comes with four inches of suspension travel which is essential when travelling over rough terrain – no matter the bumps and dips you go over on this bike, that immense suspension system will keep your ride as smooth as possible.
Quick technical Specs:
- Diamondback’s durable Recoil series Full Suspension 6061 T-6 Aluminum Single Pivot Trail frame with 4″ of suspension.
- SR XCT 100mm fork with external preload adjust and a Kinshock Coil rear shock with oil damping soak up the bumps on the trail
- Shimano 8-speed shifters and derailleurs for smooth, trouble free shifting are paired with a three chainrings up front to give you 24 gears to choose from
- Tektro mechanical disc brakes
- Twenty-nine inch wheels built with double wall rims and 32 count 14 gauge stainless steel spokes are matched to WTB Wolverine Comp 29×2.2 tires.